Friday, September 26, 2008

Tayabas In Perspective

When I was a young child Tayabas was a place I rarely visit. This was because during that time the roads from Lucena to Tayabas was not paved well. I only frequented the Baranggay of Wakas because firstly our protestant church was situated there (UCCP) and my music teacher lived there at that time.

Trips to the Tayabas market to get carabao meat (a family favorite) were an adventure and were relished by myself. This one done using our family owner-type jeep and the only other means was to either take the large jeepneys or take the minibus up to Tayabas.

Times have indeed change from those days Tayabas now is an easily accessible City and has even an FX taxi service. The ever famous 7-11 exist and so do other franchise establishment. Even with all this the City still maintains the rustic and secluded aura that makes for a town in between the past and the future.

No comments: