Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Where does the best Lambanog come from?

There is an ongoing debate that still rages today among the Lambanog drinkers of Southern Tagalog. This has waged on since the invention of the drink and probably will keep on going till all the coconut trees are cut in the region. Where does the best Lambanog come from?

Many proponents would support the premise that Lambanog from San Juan, Batangas is the best and they would stake their lives and honor to prove this point.

Personally I prefer the Wakas, Tayabas variety of Lambanog. It has a less bitter taste than the batangueno drink which is due to the milder clime of Wakas, Tayabas compared to the hot and harsh environment of San Juan, Batangas. It is colloquially known as "Chivas Wakas".

I believe my townsfolk and clansmen of San Juan, Batangas wil disown me after they read this post but hey I will stand up for what I think is right. :)

For more information click on http://tayabas.ph/.

No comments: